Cybersecurity for SMBs
Cybersecurity is one of the most important measures your organization can take to protect itself from unexpected disasters. Cyber-attacks and unauthorized intrusions are ever evolving and escalating at a break-neck pace. The statistics on data breaches are already staggering and they continue increasing in volume and severity.
The biggest factor to consider when making cyber security decisions for a small business is the cost associated with response and recovery operations after a business is hacked. It is crucial to understand the general landscape of metrics surrounding the host of cybersecurity issues, such as malware, viruses, ransomware, etc., and what it can cost your business. We’ve had incident response calls for unprotected prospects who have had less than $20,000 stolen from their bank account only to find out that they were then going to have to spend more than $200,000 to provide the legally required notifications and identity protection to parties with PII on their systems along with fees for a digital forensic investigation and incident response for another $135,000. Because they had no insurance, their $20,000 breach ended up costing them nearly $400,000.
What is Managed Cyber Security?
Cybersecurity is a specialized field riddled with technical concepts and a seemingly infinite number of ways your network systems can be compromised and even breached. For most SMBs hiring a full-time cyber security team isn’t financially feasible. Even if the financial resources exist, building an internal cyber security framework can be a difficult undertaking, to say the least. Outsourcing your cyber security management to a fully managed cyber security company like WOM offers you the peace of mind you need from following industry-standard best practices with your cyber security as well as specific compliance standards and cyber insurance compliance.
Our clients have full access to several specialized teams of experts and a licensed suite of products for a fraction of the cost when compared to the overhead expense of bringing cyber security and IT management in-house.
How do you protect your business from constant cyber threats?
There’s a good chance that your business was attacked several times over the last couple of days. Luckily, most attacks are unsuccessful. Malicious software combs for vulnerabilities of potential targets 24/7. Also, cybercriminals work 24/7 on the search for soft targets. In the crime world, a small business is generally an easy target because of a lack of security giving them a plethora of vulnerabilities to exploit. Can you keep a constant watch on your systems? If you think hackers are not after your data, think again. Small businesses often represent the easiest targets because most can be easily breached. If your data is compromised, will your customers trust you again?
How does WOM’s multi-layered cyber security defense system work?
- Since cyber threats constantly change, WOM’s cyber security team focuses on multiple layers of cyber security protection, starting with a strong network perimeter, including managed firewall, active network management, and periodic network inspections.
- We then add on proactive monitoring of your systems, including anti-malware and anti-virus software, endpoint detection and response, DNS filtering, and anti-spam protection.
- Your vCIO (Virtual Chief Information Officer) at WOM will work with your administration to write, implement, and enforce solid policies related to your data and technology to ensure that everyone knows their role and responsibilities within your systems.
- Disaster recovery planning is also included in our vCIO services which covers response procedures and protocols for everything from a cyber breach to an earthquake.
- Finally, we invest in cyber security training for your staff — your team is your first and best line of cyber defense and we see it as an extremely important part of our security strategy.
**** Page Section with “Get an Assessment” button and following copy:
What is your cyber risk exposure?
We offer Cyber Security Risk Assessment services to help you quantify your exposure and understand the actions you can take to gain a strategic upper hand against cyber security threats. We then scale this advantage for the size and complexity of your business whether you have one employee or a thousand. Cyber Security Risk Assessments can be tailored to meet the requirements for companies operating under regulations such as HIPAA, PCI DSS, DFARs, ITAR, and more.